You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Prevost convertor competing with Newell

Hmmmmmmm. Stephenville. Tx. Wonder if it's a reincarnation of outlaw coach? Also, if you want some entertaining reading, Google John Walker and the bus conversion business. Draw your own conclusions

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

If you click on the recruitment tab on the home page, it lists outlaw coach as being the employing entity.

Here is another example of a Prevost conversion with 4 slides that is selling for less than a new Newell. Prevost conversions had always sold for quite a bit more than Newells until recently. Appears some of the Prevost convertors are choosing to compete with Newell.

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Re...chMethod=1

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That post for a "competitive" Prevost is listed at 2.1. The only new coach Newell has is listed at 1.7. Not sure how that less than Newell and a 400k spread is still a lot. I did not compare amenities but I am sure there is not much cargo capacity when it is weighed.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I did see that they had a MSRP of 2.1M, but I just figured they were trying to make this new coach look like more of a deal. I've never taken dealer MSRPs seriously--especially this dealer. One of the biggest problem with Prevost coaches today are that they are being built too close to GVW. Because of that Prevost convertors have been very slow in developing coaches with 3 slides and especially 4 slides. Unless this convertor took some serious weight savings there is a chance this coach would weigh over GVW as Newell weighs theirs.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

http://www.olympialuxurycoaches.com/defa...e=showroom

This is a converter that has a 2 slide H3 Prevost 2015 for 1.5. Now that may compete with Newell.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

And this was my only point that ten years ago you saw no Prevost convertors with a coach priced near a Newell. Now they seem to be popping up.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531