You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

trans not shifting

On my first trip south with 1987 coach 146 the transmision will down shift ok but will not shift back up , to get back to neutral or reverse I have to move the tranny linkage with a broom handle, the newell guys said to spray some lube into the shifter control on the tranny, any one have this issue ?

Don & Linda
1987 Newell Classic 40 foot tag axle, silver 92 Turbo Ddec1
Coach #146

Hi Don,
Is it an air actuated shifter? Mine did the same thing. I think because it sat so much without being moved. I sprayed lube on it, used a "tool" that I made that worked better than a broom handle, and I put some air tool oil in the air line that actuates that air cylinder. The more I used it the better it worked.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Hey Don,
How is the shower working?

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

Hi bob , you know the shower is still not working, these gd happy hours are taking up
Too much of my time , we were at parker for 5 nights , pirates den rv park ,2 dollar pints and 5 buck pitchers. I better get my shi_ together .we are at indio with our buds, ciao don

Don & Linda
Coach #146

I should have posted this a while back ! After getting some expensive quotes from the shop in Chandler ,they wanted to replace my shifter control module ! It turned out to be a broken wire under the cover on the shifter module, I fixed it with a few inches of wire and a shrink sleeve !

Don & Linda
Coach #146