You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell history

Michael, Found what might be the last 2005 at Motor Homes of Texas. Also a photo of what happens when one hits a deer. The tan Newell is one they just got back in that was repainted by Foretrave. It is a 2004. They had this 2004 awhile back and had a pink swirl on it and kept it from selling. It is a beautiful tan now, a great paint job.

Michael, my mistake. I was 10 off. Look it up and you have 752 or 753 as the last.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Thanks for the VIN #'s Chappell. I always appreciate VIN's.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Chappel, Have you owned a Foretravel or so in the past?

I owned an 02 40' which I traded for the Newell. It was a nice coach, but like my Newell better.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Fran's brother & sister-in-law owned 2-3 Foretravels & were pretty active in one of the owners groups. We got to tag along to a couple of the rallies. Very nice folks! Just wondered if you knew any of the same folks. Her brothers name was Mike martin his wife is Anna. Kenny & Anne Lemon organized the rallies that we went to in Quartzite.

No, sorry CC but I don't know them. Knew a fair amount of members locally and others when they came to Foretravel or MOT for service. Had several get to gathers at our house and still communicate and visit with several of them.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Michael Day...do you have an estimate of how many Newells are on the road today?

Lynda

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

Lynda, unfortunately not. There have been at least 1455 Newells built since 1967 (coach 1556 has recently been completed less the 1300-1399 and 666 that were skipped). Based on my data, there are very few Newells built since 1986 that are not still licensed out of the approximately 989. There are a few that have been dismantled but not many. Prior to that, my records are much more limited. There are 8 of the 22 1985 Newells that I have not been able to locate. I only find records of about 22 of the 30 1984 Newells. I have records of only 13 of the 30 1983 model Newells. That does not mean that the others are not on the road, only that I have not located a valid VIN and registration for them.

I only have records for 44 of the 384 Newells built prior to 1983. A major issue in locating those coaches is the change/standardization in VIN records did not occur until 1980 making research on those older coaches extremely difficult.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com