You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

fuel sender experiences

Anyone ever replace fuel sender on the tank ? Looking for experiences from others and how they did it. Also have to replace the dash VDO gauge, but that's pretty simple. would like to hear your experiences with either. Thanks

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

russ white has done the fuel sender. i know he had a real fun time doing it so hopefully he can post his experience.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom, russ and I discussed his experience and i also spoke with the tech at Newell that helped Jim J and spoke with Mike e too. Will get to it when back in Florida. For now it's the Silverleaf

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I had Newell change my sending unit. On my coach, you had to drain the fuel tank and then slide it out far enough to remove the tube that goes down in the tank. The biggest part of it is draining the fuel out.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Hi Tuga,

I tired to avoid doing that and only with limited success. I was not able to get the sender in without trimming off part of the circular flange at the top. That let me get it in, but later it started leaking a little at that area because the missing portion of the flange did not compress the gasket sufficiently. For the DIY guy finding a way to store all that diesel and then an attachement point to pull on the still heavy tank is not easy. Why Newell did not located the sender an inch or two closer to the edge of the tank is a mystery to me. That would have transfromed the job from difficult to easy, but they didn't on my coach. Thanks for confirming what I suspected on how the factory would do the job.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Tuga,
What did Newell charge for the job ?

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S