You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Finding right filter

I agree, $120 is great deal! they are about 160-200$ on Ebay for both
I met one guys at MCC resort with 2002 coach he sold there and he had 2 more bigger EverPure filters installed along with the two standard ones Newell originally put in, that water system looked bullet proof!
I was able to find mine for 140$ and they came with small alarm clack and when it sound is time to replace the both of them , cool idea!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Does anyone know who makes the filter assembly in the water bay that Les posted a pic of in this thread?
Mine is has a hairline crack and is dripping.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve, you can find that whole assembly at any home improvement store. Just make sure you buy one with the same size NPT that you have to you don't have to size up or down on the fittings. Nothing fancy about that filter, it's just a standard whole house sediment filter.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks, Richard !!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve,
The clear bottom on mine is cracked also...actually broken.
I called Newell & just ordered the whole house filter assembly for $30.(they do not sell clear bottom only) & the string filters for $3. each (not included with the assembly).

C~

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Julius & Charlene
2001 Newell #576

Thanks for the info Julius. I was headed to Home Depot but when Chuck told me how cheap it was, I ordered it too.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Update Steve,
The filter clear housing sent by Newell (the only kind they used) was too small in diameter & did not fit...sigh. Sad
I ended up finding the correct one I needed, based on measurements and photo, at
Fresh Water Systems, Inc
ph 877-­335-­3339
www.freshwatersystems.com
Pentek 150436 10" Standard Water Filter Housing Black/Clear No PR 3/4" FPT 27.05    + s/h

screwed right on ---whew!

Julius & Charlene
2001 Newell #576

Thanks Julius! This will save my bacon. Chuck sent me the small one too and it has been too cold to install it.

Ordering now.

Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458