You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Both basement A/C off at the same time.

Doug did you have 2 50 amp plugs?
Maybe the newer Newells, and Prevosts, can run everything at once if they have 2 50 amp service?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest

Only a single 50 amp plug, a 20k gen.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Bill Johnson said, "Russ, our resident Electical Engineer may want to weigh in here and correct what I said!" Well Bill, nothing needs corrected - well said!

I will take this opportunity to describe how I deal with this subject. My modifications work for me, but are not to be taken as a recommendation as my circumstances are probably very different than the average coach configuration.

I essentially full-time alone and mostly in warm to hot environments. The power I use is often unmetered and included in the cost of the lease. I have an incentive to use electric and save my diesel fuel. I also find the electric to be quiet and I believe very safe. So I have become my own power manager. I use Progressive Industries EMS ( Energy Management System ) to display the current on each of the split phases. My goal is always to keep the amps under 50, the coach cool, and the diesel burner off.
I have defeated the interlock that turns off the A/C when the AquaHot is on electric. In locations that never need interior heat, like in the Florida Keys, I also defeat the 220vac heating element in the AH. I have found that the 120VAC element will provide all the hot water I need. That leaves a lot of amps for running the A/Cs. The only real care I find I need to take is when using the dryer. If I am drying I usually set the A/Cs to fan low so only one compressor on each system runs when the clothes are drying. If I have guests and hair dryers I need to watch the amps pretty closely. None of this is dangerous in any way and the result of using too much current is simply an annoying trip of the breaker at the power post. I think one or two trips per year is about average for me.
When I move back to colder climates, I just re-enable the 220v element to keep things toasty and there is no need to worry about the A/C anyway as it's cold out there. I do run the diesel burner one a month like I do the generator just to keep fluids moving and to increase my confidence they both work should I need them.
None of that mattered today. It was 75 degrees, a nice breeze, and the windows were open! Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ are you coming to the rally?
I'd love to see your modifications.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337