You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

big tractors

howdy all,

we are having a family get together in southern alberta and today i went to the Ag Expo with my brotherinlaw. not being a farmer, it was quite a fascinating thing to see. tractors with 8 tires that are 7 foot tall each, tractors you can almost walk underneath and some BIG diesel engines.

lots of interesting displays. i even got some ideas on how to seal the floor in my new shop. there were vendors there selling floor sealers for animal barns.

after getting up here from sunny phoenix, i am reminded why i dont like the dirty snow, ice and freezing temperatures.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Amen Tom. Our high this weekend is supposed to be -1. we thought this was all past us a week ago but it is back in the upper Midwest with a vengeance.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

friday is supposed to be a high of 0 and a low of -25. saturday a high of -14 and a low of -24. all in F.

back home in arizona the high tomorrow is 77. only a 77 degree difference.....

we are here till monday then back.

tom

That big stuff is amazing! Just thinking about having enough land to use one, always puts a big smile on my face.

What kind of ideas do you have for your floor?

06 M450LXi 3 slide

they had this product that goes into the concrete 1/2" that totally seals it from anything. costs about 30 cents a sq foot. they use it for dairy barns and such. the demos were pretty amazing

i had just never thought of looking in the farming market for concrete sealers

tom

Certainly a dairy barn floor takes a TON of abuse. My first degree is in animal science and I spent a couple years working in the campus dairy farm.

$1800 to seal a 60x100 isn't too bad. I wonder how well it holds up to hot tires? My first sealed floor attempt used a 2 part epoxy from Sherwin Williams. It was supposed to be great against hot tire pickup. Unfortunately, it needed about 3 times the drying time than what they stated, so mine flaked almost immediately. After it had about 3 mos to cure, it stopped doing it.

06 M450LXi 3 slide