You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Enclosed Car Hauler trailers

the air coupling at your hitch is one of two things, but both for towing.

i have a monster hitch on mine because they used it to pull humongo trailers. the air coupling when i got it had constant air pressure on it to be used on the trailer for braking i assume.

i used the M&G braking system, so when i was visiting steve bare, we re plumbed the coupler so it just provided air when the coach brakes are applied.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

for a fun story, when we were leaving on our first trip with the coach i plugged the airline into the m&g on the car and into the coach. our youngest daughter was at our house saying goodbye as we left for the summer. i started to drive off as she was waiving goodbye....then she started waiving frantically at us. our honda CRV had its brakes locked up and the newell was pulling it like nothing without the tires turning....

that is when i found out the air coupler at the hitch was constant air and not just when the brakes were applied.

i just took the air line off and a few weeks later when we got to steves, he fixed it for me....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mine is rigged as brake air at he hitch and that is where I make the connection for the Air Force One. I get constant air connection for the Air Force One inside the curb engine compartment near the inside electrical panel. I wonder if mine has been altered or if it is normal. Either way it works for me.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica