You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dash Removed Projects

But you can hear the engine really good!
Yeah the audio is pretty useless for a rear engine diesel.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

You are atalking about the series 60 not the wife correct?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I have confirmed with Rear View Safety that their five wire color backup camera system (RVS-770619N) can be spliced into our four wire black and white camera cable that runs from the back of the coach to the front. I have no need for the normal rear view mirror feature in the location I plan to install the monitor. I have attached the wiring schematic for the new camera, and I plan to splice four wires, but not the green/blue wire for the regular mirror. If one of you wants the mirror feature, you can still use your cable by excluding the white audio wire. I am very pleased that for only $260 and just a little labor, I can have a color and night camera in a place where I can see it. I will post a photo of the installation when it is completed.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

[attachment=1945]As promised, I am posting two photos of the monitor for my new RVS camera system. One show the GPS and monitor with the plastic door closed and the other show them with the door open. I am pleased with the way this turned out and the fact that I did not have to string new cable.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Looks good Chester!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

One question, how do you get the dash open ? does anyone have pics ? I have a 1998 #473 thanks Ken

Ken,
The top panel of the dashboard is removable. It is held in place by "Christmas tree" clips that are spaced about a foot apart on the front edge. Run your hand along the front edge, about an inch back & you will feel them. To remove: on my coach it works best to start on the driver's side. Work your finger tips under the front edge on both side of a clip & lift straight up. I work from drivers side to passenger side. Once you have the front edge unclipped, there are about five clips holding the back side that are about 2 feet apart. Once they are unclipped, set the decorative dash piece aside. Takes 5 to 10 minutes to remove or replace.

Tip: Watch the sunscreen mounts during removal & replacement.

Here is a picture of the dash cover removed and turned over. The round top of the clip is what you will feel.

Good luck.........................

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

One side note is that once you remove the panel to access any equipment it must be done through small baseball sized openings in the hard shell. Most think that when you remove the top panel that everything is exposed and it is quite the opposite and it can be a challenge to find certain things.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

yes, it is not easy to work in there. i am guessing it was for structural strength but it sure would be nice if it had more room

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It helps to have some of the plastic trim removers that stereo installers use. And.... I gave up on some of the Christmas trees and clipped them off flush. I used industrial Velcro. Much easier than dealing with the Christmas trees

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )