You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Travel Map

Gang,

Many of us keep detailed travel records of the places we go, the prices and amount of fuel we use and the maintenance stuff we do to our coaches. I wanted to share something that I have done for the past year or so.

I got a map and attached it to a cork board. Whenever I park the bus overnight at a new location, I add a pin. (I skip the wally world stops).

I reminds me that I need to get my bus further away from my home base. I put special colored pins for our mecca in Miami and for my home base in Auburn, Alabama.

Thought you guys would like to see. Also, if you have other ideas please feel free to share!

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Good idea!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I agree this looks great. It would be great to see an index on this site by state that all the users could rate places to stay. To many places claim they are big rig friendly but we all have stories of what was reality. Big rig best bets is just to limited,great resource however. Perhaps the administrators could reply.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Hey Doug there is a gorgeous blue coach I think it's a new one getting final touches.. I wonder if your blues are close to it.. If so it's gonna pop like you can't imagine!!

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc

That's what we were trying to do. Get the coach to have a real wow factor with out the polished stainless flash. Ca t wait

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Big job after 12 years and 240,000 miles, but we did keep a map until it was almost covered of roads traveled and parks visited in almost every State except the Northeast which we try to avoid because of traffic and lack of good parks we can fit in. Always happy to chime in on any post about locations others are looking for if I can add something helpful.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Lots of great parks in the north east, outside of NY and Boston which is a must to avoid we spend mist if our time there. This us why we need ours own list by state maybe even with a map

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Doug,
I go to the n/e every year as my mom lives there. I have found it difficult to find 45' friendly parks in Pennsylvania & New York. If you know of any please post.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve

We have Stayed in a 5 star resort in Pa called Nema Collin, you can get room service to your coach, along with 2 18 hole golf courses, bowling, sport shooting ect. Hershey is a little tight but we have stayed there as well as gettysburgh. New York, we have stayed lake George RV park, herkimier KOA.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

clarke and elaine are getting room service kinda at our place. darlene made tacos tonite..

and i drove darlene and elaine around in the golf cart in the desert...

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH