You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stuck hydraulic filter?

Good post Forest, sorry you had so much trouble.....just know that you saved me and probably more "new guys" some trouble in the future.

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390

That's what the forum is all about Bob. Helping others by sharing our experiences. Don't be embarrassed to post something. Chances are pretty good that some or most of us have done the same.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I always use Vaseline instead of any oil or fluids on the O rings....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I have always used DC-4.. Spec sheet attached.. We use it for for buildup's door seals and other things in the aviation world.. This along with a proper torque will ensure no stuck filters..

.pdf DC 4 Spec.pdf Size: 38.65 KB  Downloads: 17

You can find on eBay too...

Jimmy

DC4 compound is the original product produced by Dow Corning Corporation, a joint venture of Dow Chemical and Corning Glass and hence the name. The product was originally used in WW-II on the ignition systems of high altitude aircraft to prevent spark flashover in ignition systems and hence the reference to "electrical" in the name.

I worked for Dow Corning for 30 years in a variety of roles and they were very good to me. I got to do all sorts of things I wasn't qualified for and yet somehow did well enough they kept me. It's nice to know that the original product for WWII machines is useful for our amazing modern machines. I too use it on oil filter gaskets. I also apply it to electrical crimp connectors after the crimp to minimize potential future corrosion.

Jon
93 Coach (#337) with Civic Toad

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Welcome Jon, how's my old coach doing?
Hope you can make it to the rally in June.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Welcome to the site Jon. Glad you found us.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531