You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aqua Hot

We almost got Rudy into a Newell yesterday. He wanted to go over to Motor Homes of Texas to visit with several of his friends that work there and we started looking at the Newells and he liked the bath and a half 98 with one slide. The girls were gallivanting down town through the shops so Rudy called Carolyn to come over and look at the coach. In 10 minutes they were there. Mary and I went our way looking while Rudy talked to Carolyn. She said NO.
Well as all of us know, when our better half gives the answer no, that is the end of the conversation. One might try pouting for a couple of days, but that usually doesn't do any good from past experience. Rudy took it as a man and we went our way and the girls went back to town feeling they had won a victory. End of story. For now anyway.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

It ain't over till it's over!
Good luck Rudy.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Well me and my PoreTravel will be at Table Rock doing just fine. Carolyn had been saying she might like some items looking more up to date so I showed her a more up to date coach, oh well.

FYI, Erniee messaged me back. I wanted to share some of what I wrote him for your alls benefit.

He is having an intermittent problem. Those are the hardest to solve and guessing which box is the bad box can get really expensive.

Solution is with Roger Berke, He has a program where for a fixed fee including shipping he will send you a UPS drop off label to send the burner AND control unit (silver brain box) to him for testing in his shop. He has found 3 different burner's intermittent problems for me. When fixed he sends them right back and you only add the price of the bad part to the fee.

If you are staying in my area for a while, I have loaner parts that I put on heaters till the problem stops. Then the owner buys the bad part not the all the ones we tried.

Hope this helps.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

What a great service! Between Rudy and Roger you can get your aqua hot working and save money!
Rudy, how difficult would it be to add a switch to our aquahots to choose either both 120v & 220v electric elements or just the 120v elements?
That would be nice when you're running the air conditioners 24/7.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,

Remove the cover above the burner revealing the 4 thermostats. The lower thermostat with the red reset button is the 120/240 vac high limit thermostat.

It has four terminals. The bottom two feed the two electric elements. One of the bottom terminals has two wires (leg 1 to each of the two elements) and the other terminal has one wire (leg 2 to the 240 vac element). Put the switch leg in the single wire to interrupt the second leg to stop the 240 vac element from working.

Another place to put a switch leg that may be better is leg 2 between the silver grey solenoid mounted on the wall and the top of the heater where the shore power enters the heater. Open the cover on the side of the heater and put a switch in one of the two legs. Choose leg 1 and neither element will work. So be sure to choose leg 2. I like this location best but one needs to know which leg he is placing the switch in to get it right.

Work with the interior electric switch in the OFF position to de-energize shore power to the heater. There will be power at the relay but not beyond the relay down to the heater. Use VOM to verify the heater is de-energized. But then I know you would do that anyway Forest.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area