You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

88 in Mesa

I have signed to purchase this coach. My previous MH was an '02 Lazy Daze 26.5 min bath. I'll be on these forums trying to come up to speed on operation and mechanical issues and of course the people. Could someone please direct me to any available manuals for operation and service. What is currently in the coach are only some individual system specific documentation. Did Newell produce any overview/operations manuals for these coaches. Also how do I determine what the production number of this coach is. Thanks all

Alex Schmitt
1988 classic
Phoenix AZ

Alex, that is pretty much what I have, and others have who own these classics....documentation on the various systems and appliances. Each coach is quite different, but if you have a question, just post it here, or feel free to call me at 951-236-5312, or email me at [email protected].

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I think coach # would be last 3 numbers in VIN for that year (1988) model. Micheal Day would know for sure!

Congratulations. That is an awesome looking coach. Love to see it in person someday.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

i had a nice chat with him today. he is one of us for sure. a real gearhead. i will go meet him and see if i can offer any advice on the coach systems once he gets the coach.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Alex,
I bought from Autoboss before and BEWARE of the detailers he uses to make the coach look pretty. They paint over counters , shower floors, sinks, and even painted the leather to hide scratches. You need to look very hard at this coach. after buying from AutoBoss I needed about $15k in what I was told was already fixed. The owner Andrew is a nice guy , but only a broker and does none of the work himself. After all the problems after the purchase he did make good $$$ on a few items like batteries going bad and, and... PM me if you want the whole story or [email protected]

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Thanks for the kind words Tom. I try to keep a multigrade in my veins for changing weather conditions.Wink Talked to Larry on the phone and I will look for any cosmetic coverups he mentioned.

Alex Schmitt
1988 classic
Phoenix AZ

i drove by autoboss this afternoon and your coach is not there. it must be somewhere having work done to it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Yes, repairs being done. Not too impressed with Jerry his mechanic though. Have you met him? Tom might you be available fri the 11th to inspect the coach?

Alex Schmitt
1988 classic
Phoenix AZ