You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

First trip

We left for the inaugural trip this morning at 4:30, painless drive through Chicago.
Spring break, Burlington WI to Park City Ky, pretty rough road for a stretch on Hwy. 65 for a bit, otherwise a nice drive.
Spent a little time flushing and filling the water and learning how it all works, at the campground today (nights are still well below freezing at home), it was nice to walk around in a t shirt today.
Caught a compliment on the cb from a passing trucker.Cool
Great time so far.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

scott, i took the liberty of changing the title of your post to "first trip" rather than "first tripe". i had a laugh as i was trying to imagine what eating tripe for the first time or any time would be like.

glad you are having a great time. enjoy the trip

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Scott, Good looking Coach!
Glad your first trip is going well, please give me a call if you need any advice. This forum will be invaluable to you as it has to me!
sending PM.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Love the Classic look! The paint scheme on your coach looks so similar to mine, and to Steve's (Prairieschooner). Welcome!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Scott, if you wouldn't mind, I would appreciate it if you could PM me the VIN number of your coach for my records. I suspect it will start with 1N9 and end with 007.

Steve and Clarke, I just noticed I don't have your VIN numbers either.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Scott: that is awesome, may your journeys be filled with joy, welcome to the "club". We really appreciated the joy we brought to others seeing our 77 coach, the classic look always seemed to elicit a sense of fondness in others. This is the place to find help when things don't go as expected.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Thats great!! Sounds like your enjoying your first trip. It takes a while to get to know how the systems work even on the classics. They are alot simpler than the newer ones but still alot to learn. You will have many compliments with it. Great looking coach!!Big Grin

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

We drove over to the Land Between the Lakes, we're spending a couple of days at Piney Campground.
Michael, I'll send the VIN when I get home, it is 007.
I definitely need to spend some time getting used to how everything works.
Thanks for all the well wishes, it's been a good trip so far.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"