You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Insurance

Michael,

Can you share the name of the company? Geico has raised my rates and I am looking for a new carrier. BlueSky does not do business in Alabama so they are not an option.

Anyone else have ideas?

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,
I'm with American Family Insurance.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Steve...same as BlueSky....They dont write in Alabama.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill, I went through FMCA insurance. Not all of their companies write in every state and some of them don't write coaches that are as old as mine. They placed me with Progressive. I don't know if I got a better rate going through FMCA or if I would have gotten the same rate had I contacted Progressive myself.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We switched over to Safeco. Allstate almost doubled in price

Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Whats the best road side assistance insurance

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Pam, we are with Safeco too.....have been with them for over 20 years....never the least expensive, and never the most expensive, but always great service.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Mine is with Hartford thru AARP not full timer. Pretty reasonable. Don't ask I don't know how much. Pay yearly.

Bill,
We have Encompass and the MH is not much more than my truck or jeep. Have had them for years. Of course we have an excellent driving record. No tickets.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Explorer, my broker for National Interstate, has been my insurer for the past three years on the 2001 Monaco Exec. Glass coverage is excellent and does not come under Comprehensive.
My premium on a declared value of $89,000 is under a thousand for 300,000-500,000 liability and with diminishing liability now at $250.
I asked for a quote on a 2004 Newell valued at $295,000. The result was $2332 for a coach garaged in central Pennsylvania. If I registered the coach in Florida the premium would jump by over $500.
When it comes to Newell's and Prevost conversions, there are no NADA quotes. It's what you declare, within reason, the value to be.
The worst quote I got came from the USAA recommended GMAC. They wanted well over $2,000 for the same policy on my Monaco. In addition, every person with a driver's license in the household would have to become insured by GMAC. They wanted the SSN of every member of the household. Bye-Bye GMAC.

Tom Gauger-Dave Snyder
'01 Monaco Exec 515 Cummins ISM
'17 Chevy Colorado Toad
Shermans Dale, PA