You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

dual purpose Dish HD Dish

Our new place is on a few acres and i am just getting the hang of how to keep the weeds down.

i bought a 30 gallon 12v weed sprayer i put on the back of my golf cart (Pirate1) and after the weeds died, i needed to scrape the dead weeds out. at first i bought a hand weed hoe, but i couldnt get darlene to do enough with it. i tried telling her it was good exercise etc, but after one session with it, it has set unused in the garage.

i know you can buy drag harrows that you pull behind an ATV, golf cart etc and i have been looking at them.

so, i was looking around for something i could drag around behind Pirate1 and i saw sitting on the ground in the back yard my Dish HD TV dish and mounting frame. I thought.....will it work? then i asked myself if i needed to take the dish off first so i wouldnt damage it.....then i thought again.....it will help to balance it. (and that was too much work. there was alot of bolts on it)

so i tied it up with a strap and off i went. i towed it around for over an hour and got a chunk of the weeds gone and did some minor leveling in the front yard. the front yard is 1/4 minus granite. i felt like the guys doing ball fields or better yet the zamboni guys at a hockey game. it was a little hard to aim as it kinda didnt go in a straight line so i couldnt get as close as i wanted to things.

darlene was out for the afternoon and when she and a friend got home i was in the front yard in the golf cart in my plaid pajamas with wild man hair dragging the sat dish around. there was a smile on her face and i dont know if it was because she was so proud of my cleverness, or because of thinking she no longer had to hand hoe the weeds.

for some reason they felt the need to video me doing it. i think because they were so amazed at my brilliant idea. (or my pajamas)

another day in paradise....

wittmann, az

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Darlene was smiling because you're out in the country and the neighbors in Mesa couldn't see you in your plaid pajamas!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337