You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Engine Overhaul

Hum, hadn't considered a pallet jack for getting the engine out & in. Excellent.

Looks great!

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

We made smoke last night!! Sounds real nice, today the bumper and hitch will go on then we will take it for a break in run, change oil and should be good for the long haul!! Yes the pallet jack worked great!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Just thought I would update,
we got home last night from a 2300 mile trip to northern sask, back to south of calgary and then home. Coach ran great, other than just after we left I was losing some oil, checked it out and the timing plug came out and it was lost. Its just held in with an o-ring, after some pondering of how to plug this hole up and thinking of what to plug it with we ended up cracking a bottle of wine put a screw in the end of it and pushed it in the hole, I tell you it fits better than the factory plug!! Its still in there and bone dry! We laughed about it quite a bit, relaxed and drank wine for the rest of the night. Next morning we hit the road and not a lick of trouble the rest of the trip, avg 9.5mpg at 70mph pulling the 22ft jetboat fully loaded. No issues in the hills or passing. Very happy with the coach, were all ready to jump back in and hit the road again, for such an old coach it is surprising how comfortable and fun to drive it is.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

That is so Kool Retro...Can u post pics of the finished project?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.