You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

generator stalling when moving sometimes

it is on the back, not on the bottom.

at least on my 90, the entire back panel would come off. held on with screws.

i suspect it is the same. otherwise you would not be able to get at the latch to install it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom, I'll check it out tomorrow weather permittingTongue

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

hey, it got down to 29 last nite here. thats cold. but i worked in the yard fixing sprinklers so it got up in the 60's.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Dawn and I took our two great big dogs for about a 5 mile walk this morning on our bike trail to the namesake of our town the Sioux Falls. It was 9 degrees, but thankfully no wind. Somehow it has got so cold lately that the water coming over the falls froze ontop but it is still rushing thru the bottom. So it was like looking thru a 6 inch piece of glass at the waterfall behind it. Very odd that this water tht never stops was able to freeze like that.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Generator retracting problem SOLVED!Big Grin

Last time I was at Newell I had them add a rubber shroud that would direct the air from the blower compartment to the hole in the bottom of the generator compartment. The shroud was held in place using a 1/8" X 1" X 6" steel bar. The steel bar somehow (who in the heck knows how!) mysteriously began jambing into another piece of metal.

This is why the generator would not completely retract. After we removed the steel bar the generator closed perfectly!Big Grin

I spoke to Dee (the best welder at Newell) about the access panel in the rear of the generator compartment. Like Tom, he said there was one on the back wall of the generator compartment. We could not find it; luckily, we didn't need it because the metal bar was causing the problem. Next time I go to Newell I will have someone show me the access panel just for grines!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot