You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Durango?

Any suggestions for Durango, CO?
We're thinking of heading there for a week once we escape the vortex in Wittmann.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest, we stayed at the Alpen Rose RV Park several years ago. Very good park. Be sure to ride the Durango-Silvererton RR. We were able to get the parlor car at the rear which served free drinks (coffee, cokes, etc.) along with doughnut etc. Coming back we bought a glass of wine. Nice trip.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Depending on early or late snow melt we stayed in Pagosa Springs area cause Mama likes the hot pools.. we stayed here: http://www.coloradodirectory.com/pagosariversidecamp/ and here: http://www.pshotsprings.com/
Most of these open on May 1 .. Stayed in Duango, like the area and train to Silverton .. but a busy place...

Jimmy

Watch out for deer & elk! Especially night driving in that area.

We got here yesterday. Nice quiet smaller park just west of town off 160. They officially opened today and there is just 1 other couple here except the owners and camp hosts. The site we're in is plenty long and private. The street through the campground has a few tight turns that might be difficult if the park is full.
Talking with the owner he used to have a 1999 45' Prevost so he knows what it takes to park a big rig. Interesting guy, his dad used to own some MCI and Prevost entertainer buses and he grew up going to concerts with Willy Nelson, Merle Haggard, and even met Mickey Mantle a few times. Said he was on stage as a kid over a 1000 times! What a neat way to grow up.
Ate lunch at Franciscos in town and had a really good pastrami reuben with green chiles. Thanks for the suggestion Ron.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hey Forrest. Outside chance we may be there next week. How long you staying for?

Also just read on razor forum they now allow atv's to drive thru town.. Can they drive from campground up into mountains from there? And also what's the weather like?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc we're only staying here a week then have to head back to Louisiana. We're leaving next Wednesday or Thursday.
Not sure about riding, had to leave the Rzr back home since I had to put the truck in the shop.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I may have sold my stacker so I might be delivering it to colorado next week. Didn't realize how much further Durango was than denver

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701