You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hwy 9 to Breckenridge, CO

Looking at the Atlas, Hwy 9 out of Canon City, CO up to Breckenridge. Anyone know if this is a good route in a 45ft. & towing? Certainly the shortest distance but just might not be the best! Any info will be very much appreciated! Jim

I took hwy 9 out of breckenridge down to 24 and east to Colorado Springs. The road itself is good. There are a couple of switchbacks but not a ton.. Semis also use the road. I think it would be a good alternative.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I have been on about all roads in CO and all major rds 9/160/145/141/90/50/385 and other are fine for a 45'. 550 between Ouray and Durango is probably the most challenging but I have driven it but my wife dose not like. CO is my favorite place for the summer. Great Sand Dunes and Gateway are both great places along with the old mining town around Silverton. Lakes and mountains are plentiful. If anyone interested I have many pictures of on and off road pictures of areas in around CO and I will be glad to show at our up coming ralley.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

One road I would not take is Independence Pass.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I agree it is posted and great for a motorcycles into Aspen, but is no way for a motorcoach. You should check for limited on all road before you try them. I did not mean you could do all road, check before to be sure for roads connecting A to B are compatible.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck