You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Radiator overflow tank sight tube

Please bring the cap for me Chappell.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Using heat to taper the polycarbonate tubing down to fit inside the 5/16 vinyl hose has failed. It appears I had to overheat it to form it. It started to seep after 24 hrs. An autopsy showed that the tubing broke under the clamp pressure. I'm looking at other options.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

OK, so what would be the problem using a piece of clear fuel line from the tank through the sight tube clamps ??? it won't melt or burst from such little pressure .......

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

One of the options I am looking at. Get the line that is 1/2" od and it will fit in the existing clamps.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That's what I have on mine. Haven't measured the od but the id fits the fitting on the bottom of the tank and I have it looped over and run through the 2 clamps. There is no pressure on that line and it doesn't get hot.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Since the tank is plastic, I think it would have been a better design if they had put a clear 1/2" stripe in the tank itself. I know this not take care of matters at hand.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Does anyone know where I can find just a top cap for the tube ?? I noticed today the top inch of the sight tube cracked off and the plastic vent cap with it. I put a dashboard x-mas tree holder w a Teflon tape inside as temp.
Don't want to buy the whole thing as mine is in fine shape, except the top one inch ....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border