You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Diesel fuel conditioner's

I imagine this has been discussed here sometime, I have been adding fuel conditioner to my 87 two stroke as per the instructions on the bottle. A couple guys told me I could add some dextron 2 ATF, any thoughts on this ?

Don & Linda
1987 Newell Classic 40 foot tag axle, silver 92 Turbo Ddec1
Coach #146

I add 1 qt atf to fuel tank in all my Ford diesels at each oil change. Have done this for years. Some have 350K+ miles on them. Have not done anything to fuel on my 8V92 so far though.

I only use a fuel conditioner designed for diesel engines. (PowerFloKlenz made by Central Petroleum Company) The lubricity, anti-gel, and fungicidal attributes are important to me.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I have been using ATF for about 3 yrs now. Tail pipe is cleaner and the black smoke you see when under a load is reduced by 90%.
I like it. Buy it at Sam's club by the case in 1 quart bottles. I use 1 quart per 100 gallons.
This was told to me by an loder detroit diesle mechanic and also confirmed by John Clark at Newell.

Another additive I found to combat fungal stuff and also adds to lubricity is Biobor. This is the only product the Coast Guard uses.
I used it when I stored the coach over the summer. Google it.

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.