You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Google search

I'm not that computer saavy, but I'll ask what may be a stupid question. When I do a Google search for "Newell forum" I do not find this site. I would think if it did come up on Google it would increase membership. Is there a process to get Google to recognize the site?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

steve, very astute.

without paying money, we have done what we can to get it to show up. scott can pitch in as well. we registered out site with google. and if you look at the users at the bottom, many times you will see google listed as an online user. that is their "bot" or crawler going through the web site. there are techniques for getting noticed that take probably more skill or time than scott and i have to do.

i have tracked this pretty closely and we actually do show up if you search on a little more specific terms. at first we didnt no matter what you searched for. also the more times you are linked to in other places the more you show up. there are keywords to insert in places as well and we have paid no attention to that.

of course if you just pay google, they will boost you right up there but i plan on spending zero dollars on that.

thanks for thinking about it.

scott or anyone else feel free to jump in. probably alot more i dont know or realize as well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom,
I just Googled "Newell Gurus" and it does work. Like I said I'm not real computer saavy with how this stuff works. I just thought if there was something us users could do..................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Our ranks are slowly moving up for certain results. Google propagates its search results without user input, so the best we can do is to throw in descriptive keywords and forum topic names (good site content).

I don't think we actually have "newell forums" anywhere on the site, so google may have never made the connection with that specific search.

Here are what people have searched for and ended up on the site with (via google webmastertools): [Image: OVP94.png]

Considering it's a brand new site and we're a VERY niche market, I think we're doing okay. NewellClassic has been around for ages and kind of has all the google search terms nailed down.

Just Googled "Newell" and newellgurus.com came up first. It appears the site is getting exposure. Good job by a new site.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531