You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Basement A/C question about water leak

I left my coach at a friends lake cabin today to run my son to college. I am on my way back right now and my friend called to say when he checked on the coach there was water on the front dash. He shut that front basement A/C unit down. Has anyone had this problem? Is there by chance a frozen pipe or maybe a tube that is supposed to drain the condensation that accumulates that might be clogged?

Looking for suggestions and where to look.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Well, the basement air didn't leak water on the dash, I don't think. No drains up there.

One, the clearance lights on the front cap may have leaked, or you have a leak at the front cap seam. Have you been in rain lately?

Two, you have the AC cranked cold and it's humid in the coach. The front windshield condensed the humiidity. Mine does that in the winter mostly.

Three, do you have a pet? Jusk kidding.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

One of the pipes in the overhead above the dash was frozen. It is quite humid but the air had been running fine. Wonder if it ran out of freon.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Flick:
That's interesting. The 2000 series coaches have basement air but everything is below deck. I had no idea there were refrigerant lines up above in the classic rigs.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

yea i was curious about that was well. why would there be freon lines up over the dash?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

A sure sign of low refrigerant pressure is water freezing on the lines. You might want to have the pressures checked by an AC guy.

I am perplexed by the line overhead in the coach. Live and learn.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

84 MODEL? Had basement?

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Yes it has three of them in fact.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia