You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

'97 2 slide coach

Thanks Larry for the update. The ad stated it was still in Angola & it was a new listing on a different site. I ran into this when I was shopping. I tried to look at a coach and every time I called it was always where I wasn't.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Michael:
Do your records indicate when the two slide coaches started production?
Just curious.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Steve, prior to seeing the ad for coach #462, the earliest Newell I had record of with 2 slides was #472, a 1998. These are based on ads and personal knowledge rather than Newell records so there are several missing coaches on my listings. I only show listings for 469 and 470 as 1 slide 1998's (although there were several no slide 1998's also). It is possible that Newell built one coach with 2 slides then tested it for awhile before they built another one. That is a common Newell practice.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Boy, is this a buyers market or what????????????????????? Price reduction!

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail5116469.htm

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I just noticed that the coach I mentioned in Post #8 is now for sale at Parliament Motorcoach in Clearwater, FL. It is a corporate coach, so has no sleeping facilities. I enjoyed scrolling through the pictures that are now posted. It is not priced in the listing, but it doesn't cost anything to look at the pictures.

http://www.parliamentmotorcoach.com/pre_...eh=3004081

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(11-23-2012, 09:16 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Steve, prior to seeing the ad for coach #462, the earliest Newell I had record of with 2 slides was #472, a 1998. These are based on ads and personal knowledge rather than Newell records so there are several missing coaches on my listings. I only show listings for 469 and 470 as 1 slide 1998's (although there were several no slide 1998's also). It is possible that Newell built one coach with 2 slides then tested it for awhile before they built another one. That is a common Newell practice.

IMO this is a 1 slide coach! I only see 1 slide in the rear on the passenger side. The mileage is high IMO @ 250,000 miles. With no bed and high miles I would guess this one is well worn! When I think of a hospitality coach I think of food and drinks inside; people walking and sitting around eating and drinking. Of course, it might be worth a peek. Nothing takes the place of a personal inspection; the price may tell the tale here.Rolleyes

This inside picture that shows the driver's side does not have a bulkhead which would be necessary if it was a slide. Usually a front slide will have that bulkhead behind the driver's seat with a glass window.

Just my .02

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

tuga is right. this is a one slide coach with the slide in the rear salon.

i looked at a 2000 one slide in the rear coach when i was looking. it was not something i liked.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

The '97 two slide coach that this thread started with is sold!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531