You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water Heater and More

Sounds like it will be top notch Todd, you will have to get clear doors for your plumbing bay so you can show it off!! Maybe some LED lights!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Sandblasted and treated with POR15. Metal won't be here until Friday sometime so they will start on it again then and hopefully complete by Saturday or first of the week which will make for a couple busy evenings for me to complete getting everything back in so we can take to the Boundary Waters a week from this Saturday.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Guys this backflow valve has always been on the cold water pipe to the water heater. As you can see it has to be fit with tubing because it does not match up with the copper piping. Do I need this valve when I phrase things back in and why??

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Yes, you do need the backflow valve. Without it, you can get warm/hot water mixing back in through the cold water line. You might consider sweating an extension and a decent fitting onto the lower line and get rid of the hose.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Micheal the backflow valve is an odd diameter. I think that is why they used those hoses to bridge the two copper pipes. I will take it to Menards and see if they can help me figure out connections.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Any backfloiw valve will work. I replaced one on bills 90. It leaked.

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Good to know. This particular one is only sold by boat dealers online that specialize in big boats like yahts.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

i actually did find some of the exact ones, but there is no real need to match it. i found it on ebay.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Got the coach back today. Looks pretty darn nice before I start putting everything back in today and tomorrow.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Todd, you can check the "I won't have to worry about that again box"! Looks great!!!

Jimmy