You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water Heater and More

Guys I drove the RV home this evening which was about 20 miles. When I got out I noticed the pressure valve on the new Raritan Water I installed last fall was dripping. Not a ton but it is noticeable. Now before I swapped it out the old water heater that one also dripped. I changed the valve at the suggestion of Tom and it never noticeablely dripped again.

Can a new valve on this new heater go bad that quick or is there anything else you suggest I check out?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

It may have some corrosion allowing it to leak. I would "trip" the lever a few times and let it snap shut. It will either reseal or leak worse!
Check the actual temps that your heater is cycling on and off at as well.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

It is purely heated right now by the engine. I did not have the heater on at all.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The engine will heat up the water to a much higher temperature than the heating element will since the heating element is on a thermostat that is MUCH lower than the 190 degrees that the engine will develop.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

i agree....flip the lever back and forth a few time.

it it is still leaking, just replace it. they are cheap

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH