You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leveling issue "Resolved'

Howdy Guru's
I did a forum search but didn't find what you might use for blocks under tires if HWH can't auto level...looking I'm front to back unlevel... so I need something under my front tires currently...
what types of boards/blocks do you' all use if any?

HWH showing 'Excess Slope'

What are issues if I stay in this position?

Appreciate your advise/input!

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

I used to carry 8-2'x2' pieces of marine grade plywood (which I painted with primer) that is about 3/4" thick (a 4'x8' sheet cut into eight pieces). I would stack 3 of those in a slightly staggered arrangement on the ground in front of each front tire (always seemed that it was the front that was low) so it was easy to drive up on. That allowed the full tire to be supported and raised the front up 3" on each side which was usually enough to get the excessive slope light to go off. If I was off further than that, I usually looked for another site or moved forward or backward onto somewhat more level ground. As long as the coach is reasonably level you should be OK. I have seen folks with hydraulic leveling jacks lift their wheels completely off the ground. That is crazy stuff! We fortunately can't do that with air leveling.

At my house, I have a VERY sloped drive where I park the coach. I have to add 3" to the left front and 6" to the right front so I use a couple of 4'x2' pieces of marine grade plywood as the base then add the 2'x2' pieces to top of that. If I parked the car in front and the coach behind it, I wouldn't have a problem since the extreme slope is right beside the garage but then I would have to move the coach anytime I wanted to use the car.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Only issue is you might roll out of bed.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

2x12x12" and 2x12x24" usually you can find scrap pieces at construction sites

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Hey Ron where are you right now?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I am in frisco co. Will be here for the next 6 wks. Temp highs 70's lows 50's. Rzr riding great and will be riding again tomorrow. Forest and I went the other day and Forest made pictures he can post. Come on out.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Here's a few pictures. We were above 12,000 ft where the cabin is and where we met the 2 young ladies. They had hiked up from about 9000 ft. Thought they were locals but they said they just moved there from Florida!
Beautiful country and weather.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Dang we will be in Santa Fe Tuesday may have a day to kill I'll see th how far away we would be

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

why am i surprised that ron is dressed like robby gordon and all in yellow?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sorry to miss y'all in Santa Fe, our "home base" but we are in Quebec (Montreal and Quebec City) for 6=7 days and then on to the Maritime Provinces for several weeks before coming back through Maine and New England. However, for those of you who will be in northern New Mexico this Fall, we should be home and glad to see you.
Just took some $$ out of an ATM and yippee, the exchange is in our favor by 7 cents on the dollar. Well, only slightly, but it all helps especially with the cost of fuel. We are at a KOA in South Montreal, will do the same in Quebec City.
Au revoir, esp to Forest and Cindy!

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com