You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1984 Newell in Valdosta, GA

A reader of my blog found this Newell on Cranky Ape up for auction located in Valdosta, GA....right now bidding is at $0. Auction ends 7/23. There are 65 pictures plus a video of the DD 8V92 running. Needs a lot of cosmetic stuff. The description lists all the blemishes. Looks like it has good bones.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Thanks Clarke. That is much more in-depth look than the listing on RVTrader. I am taking the liberty of editing the link in your post to remove the closing bracket so the link works.

I am particularly grateful that you posted it because it adds another VIN to my database.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

this has jimmy written all over it. jimmy, maybe you could get it for 50 bucks and fix it up. seems simple compared to what you did on the last one.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Yep!! My figures are quivering over the bid button... 91 working daze!! Then I'll focus. (;-)>
I even listened to the run video..

Jimmy

Sounds like a lot of work, but if you can do it yourself could end up a really nice coach!

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

The photos show a lot of rust in the floor of the storage compartments. Could it have been flooded with salt water?

Mike Stephenson
Lubbock, Tx
1999 Beaver Patriot Thunder
2004 MB Cruiser

Mike.. I think it's called neglect ..... Any mechanical device requires a certain amount of time and $$ devoted to keep it in top operational condition, when that time and $$ is not devoted, it accumulates until such time someone devotes that time and $$. This coach can very well be returned to it's original glory. Because it's a Newell is a testament to the fact that it is still worthy of that. Lessor coaches would be a shambles and in it's respective finial resting place.. (My Thoughts)

Jimmy

and....i have seen the magic that jimmy can do.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Jimmy, you're gonna have some free time pretty soon...I bet you can bring this girl back to her glory!

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

I just finished a 45 minute phone conversation with Dan (reads my blog) who is driving down to Valdosta on Sunday to see the coach. He has hired a local 2 stroke diesel mechanic to inspect the engine, tranny and radiator, as well as genset, and run labs on the fluids before bidding ends on the 23rd. He is a very motivated buyer. Bidding is at $2500 right now with 4 days to go.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com