You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2003 Newell 45'

Foodsman, The 03 that you are asking about is just OK. I agree with all that Forest said. I would rather to have the coach as it came from the factory. Someone has cut three holes in the roof and added three A/C. They do not have ducts. Therefore will be quite noisy. More so than they are when factory installed. The bays that housed the underneath A/Cs are just bays now, and not done very well. The door vents are covered from the inside with double faced foil insulation. Not very water proof. But I will say not a bad price for an 03.
My choice of an 03 is the red and silver one. It has a bath and a half, the A/Cs on top are factory, and looks like a clean coach for a bit more money, but still low for an 03. The 365 tires are 08.
One thing one has to think about when buying a motor home, and I have owned 7, is that when it comes time to sell it the more desirable and original it is the easier it is to sell at top dollar.
Also as has already been said plan to spend at least 10 to $12,000.00 on it. They usually need tires, all fluid and filter changes (and there is a lot of filters). Batteries maybe, I was luck enough to have one year old batteries when I bought mine, but had no problem spending the 10gs.
Motor Homes of Texas is a good Co. and I was there about a week ago and behold there was a Prevost setting there next to all the Newells. They were closed and there was no tag on it,but I would say it was a 95 or 97, 98. I don't know my Prevost, but like to look at them regardless. It had no slides and looking at the body I would rate it about 7 on a scale of 10. I did have a S60 DD and the very large A/C compressor for the passenger compartment. I bet it take 40 to 50 horses to pull that thing.
Anyway good luck in your search.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot