You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Closed

Can we talk maintenance cost?

foodsman I understand your need to know stuff , but I will be frank with you and state that everything you have read and posted yourself is almost meaningless and idle conversation until you get in a motorhome and hit the road. Try a luxury rental. Our answers will NOT give you any real impression of this lifestyle, just stories from a bunch of "old gearheads" like me. Everyones experience and take is unique and you are trying to obtain information that can only be experienced for the correct answers and that applies to every post here and elsewhere. The only way to get closer to this is to do it. "Talk is cheap"...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

After 30 pages, enough already!

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I would have thought a private message may have been better, but so be it!

Gentlemen,

You mentioned there are 30 pages in this thread. It also has 292 replies and 9,906 views and I would like to point out that all those replies and views are not from me!

Many of the post are from you guys sharing your information with some on topic and some not. But there was always one thing in common and thats common interest. No one had to read a single post or post a singe response, its all been voluntary!

I’ve been a member here since July 13, 2014 and no, in that time I have not shopped for a motorhome, rented one or made an offer towards a purchase of a motorhome. I guess I’d like to know what you expect in 2 1/2 months? How much time do you give me before I do those things, a couple weeks?

I’m new to this forum and as such should probably keep my mouth shut but I found your comments completely unnecessary and rude. As I said earlier, if your comments were so necessary it should have been conveyed in a private message.

Your comments were wrong by any reasonable measure! If I am guilty of anything its seeking out advice from those who know what they are talking about!

Harry

Take a "chill pill" Harry ! This forum is designed to help each other and discuss our lifestyle, not a trivial social media website. If you need help, a Guru will be there in an instant, but if you want to discuss endless "what ifs" your probably in the wrong place as demonstrated by the frustration of some posts to you. We all tried to make you feel at home here, but this is not a game show or Ask.com.. you are always welcome here, but I suggest you read several threads and strings posted by the Gurus and if you are honest with yourself , you will understand where I and others are coming from. Your current message is the first like it ever on this site and many have held back from telling you these things, but I have a big mouth and care a lot about these guys and gals that I call my Friends in the Gurus and knew this endless maze of questions about things you would not understand until you own a coach in any case. So, in that please regroup your thoughts from your last post as we don't accept this kind of behavior here and never will.....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

This will be my last post on this subject as each of you can decide for yourselves the right and wrong of this.

I can only tell you that I have made many posts on this and other topics here on the forum with no mention of them be offensive and/or ill suited to the Guru!

To anyone finding them so, I offer my sincere apologies.

Harry

Gurus,

I am closing/locking this thread. There is no right or wrong to all of this, but I do not like to have threads becoming contentious and this thread has already covered a large number of thoughts and questions. Start a new thread if needed.

Respectfully,

Head Guru

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thread Closed