You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air operating systems

FYI..................................

I put a lot of effort into controlling air leaks and have owned my Newell for over 8 years.  I would find an air pump cycling every 20 minutes totally unacceptable.  My 12V air pump cycles once a day and my 120V air pump cycles 3 or 4 times a day when the coach is not in use. 

95% of my air leaks have been found without going under the coach!  When I start looking for air leaks, I start in the first compartment on the right side and work my way around the coach.  Then I go inside the coach.  Lastly I go under the coach.  All but one air leak I have found has been at either a component or connection.  The key to finding leaks is being organized and understanding how to isolate components and connections to determine where you do and don't have a leak.  Also having the right tools and understanding what they are good for and what they don't do is also important.  C this thread:  http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=2705

Remember 20 very small leaks can look like one big leak.  I have never found the "shotgun method" an effective use of time.

Good luck in your search................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

very well said steve. and for sure you are the master of finding leaks. now come and help me find the one to my front left airbag. ha

one slight difference is an 06 will have an air entrance door and it takes a fair amount of air to open and close the entrance door.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

And on the high water pressure, make sure you don’t have city water AND the 120v water pump on at the same time. The potties do not like that

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I just ordered a total new solenoid from Newell and cost me $211.00.  I'll surely keep the old one.  Had to use the fittings off the old one as it was so the new ones may be for someone else.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)