You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aqua-Hot in heater mode

Steve, you are right, "the want but not the need" just like getting into a bed on a cold night with heating blanket already on!!!
It just feels GOOD!

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Good news Russ. I preheated the diesel Aqua-Hot, then turned on the thermostat to heat. It worked fine. What I learned is that water must be hot, and it seems that the thermostat will not automatically fire the Aqua-Hot. Like Tom, I have turned on the diesel switch only when we needed hot water for showers. Now another question. The digital read out for the Aqua-Hot shows 212 to 220 degrees. I realize that these gauges may not be accurate, but I am concerned. Think I should look into adjusting the Aqua-Hot thermostat located somewhere below. This forum is frankly, wonderful. Thank you all.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chester,

Great! You are correct in that the thermostat will not control how the AquaHot gets heated.

Well the 212 to 220 would conern me too. I have never had that problem, so am not qualified to comment much on the solution. I am not even sure if the thermostats that turn on and off the diesel burner and electric power are adjustable. It may be time for you to make contact with Newell or Roger Berke at his wonderful forum at http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forum.php .
Of course, it may be an simple as the accuracy of the temperature indicated.
If I were faced with that situation I would break out my contact thermometer ( I am not a big fan of IR thermometers ) and double check the temperature. You would have to do a little remvoing of covers to get to the location of the thermostats. Good luck and glad you have heat and a better understanding. Just as a very short term solution you could manually turn off the heat source when the temperature got to say 200 or so. russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

If you noticed this morning, Roger Berke joined our forum today. i know he is very busy with his own forum, but hopefully he will make time to help us out from time to time.

welcome roger!

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It is great to see that Roger has joined this forum. I am a member of his forum. Roger is a great source of info, knowledge & parts for an AquaHot.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I earlier posted a concern about the Aqua-Hot temperature showing 212. Does someone have a suggestion where in the system I can check the temperature using an infaray sensor gun. Also, there is a thermostat located in the Aqua-Hot bay which I cannot identify. Photo attached. Again, thanks for advise.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

that thermostat in the picture is for the stand alone electric heater that is most likely in the same bay on the other side of the coach. at least that is where mine is. or if not there will be visible in the same bay. it is to keep your wet bay from freezing if you are not running the aquahot heater.

tom

out of curiosity since i have never monitored how long it takes to get up to temp and what temp does it go to, i just did that.

turned on the diesel aquahot.

starting temp was 98 degrees on the digital gauge.

at 23 minutes it was at 198 degrees

then i could hear the burner shut off. then the webasto ran another 2-3 minutes then shut off.

during that period the temp kept going up to about 202.

then after the flame and webasto motor was completely off, the temp kept climbing to 210 degrees. it climbed really quickly for most of that so i wonder if it was really accurate.

from beginning to end where it was 210, took 26 minutes.

i have no idea what is normal, but that is what mine did.

it all seems to work good.

tom

Chester,
The high limit thermostat that controls the high temperature on your AquaHot is located under the sheet metal cover just above the burner. You might consider joining Roger Berke's forum and asking your question. Roger will help you diagnose your problem.

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forum.php

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have a question about the Aqua Hot heating shower water. There are 4 gate valves under my coach in the rear on driver's side forward of the muffler. Do these gate valves have anything to do with allowing engine to heat the 50/50 anti-freeze water in the Aqua Hot?

I am trying to learn how to get my engine (series 60) to heat the Aqua Hot shower water.

Is it possible for the engine alone to heat the water for showers?

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot