You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1231 - 2008 Quad Slide with Water Damage

Well said , Tom. My 1993 Newell was a salvage title. I gave the man a check and drove it over 100 miles home at 70 mph! Most damage was to the interior. (Vandalism) It doesn't appear to have ever had body damage and the paint is all original (and faded). I would be more concerned about a salvage title on a 10 year old or newer if I were planning to resell it. Lenders sometimes get nervous about salvage title. Typically they are very reluctant to lend on anything older than 10 years anyway so it is not as big of a deal then.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I recall a similar coach a few years back that went for I believe about $180K. I talked to Tommy Key about it & he said the new owner was in the process of trying to get it back together. We kind of guestimated total repair bill would be north of 150K. This put it in price range of already usable non-damaged coaches of the same vintage. Actually not being much of a savings and taking a lot of time. But that said some here really enjoy the challenge & have to time to spend enjoying bringing something back to it's full glory. Just not me, I still have time demands from my "make believe" job.

Ok here is the full story:

"This coach does have a Salvage title from Oklahoma. This unit will be sold via auction on our website www.crashedtoys.com. You can view additional photos on the site. The lot number is 21594294. Please let me know if you have additional questions."

Many Photos n videos

If one is going to use it it might be worth a look if you have some mech skills....

Jimmy

So what's the full story on the water damage? Fresh water? Salt water? Rising water? Leaking water? How long ago? Etc. what is the damage? Thanks

Since it is located in OK I would suspect red muddy water...Take a look at their website... the video tells the best look

http://www.crashedtoys.com/us/search?Fil...RV)&Page=1

Jimmy

If water got up to halfway in the bays there is a lot of electrical and electronic stuff that doesn't like water that could have been damaged. Also consider the generator and engine and transmission.
Who's up for a big project?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

According to the site the repair est. is $ 417K ...

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, I was about to post that link. I will change the topic heading to show the Coach number which is 1231.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I'm going to look at it Monday... If an one besides me is interested

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I already know the owner is from Tulsa, it was at a campground in Florida when it happened. The biggest issue I'd whether water got into the tranny and engine. It was towed to Newell and towed out the next day. Soo diamond in the rough or money pit. Who wants to play

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701