You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blue sky

insurance is a trickey forum discussion. reason is each state has different rates, and then there are a zillion factors that influence your rates. your driving record, your claims record, value you declare, value they think it is worth, what coverages you need and on and on.

we have had national interstate, blue sky and others. i have no allegiance and change based on rates. my insurance has gone from 1100 to 2400 to 1100 again last year. with no changes or tickets etc. i have no explaination other than i shop each year.

blue sky got way too expensive, progressive was too expensive, and others ranges up to nearly 4k per year. makes no sense to me at all.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I'm not a P+C expert but I have several friends in the business. I've been told that a company will take a hit on the claims /premium ratio on a certain product for a while before making premium adjustments. So if company A is cheaper than company B it may be that they have not adjusted rates in a while but soon they will. I used to review my insurance every year and change if it made economic sense. It is much harder to do now that we have several businesses and need specific risks covered.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

i only change coach insurance as needed. i have many different types of insurances as well and i have stayed with the same overall company for my home, auto, and other insurance. but they dont do coach or hot rod. they farm it out. so i use hagerty for the hot rod, another one for the rzr and another for the coach.

it aint easy any more for sure

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH