You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Roadside & towing insurance

I tried to search for an answer but came up short. I am insured with National Interstate which includes Coach-Net Gold Roadside Package for $89 per year. I recently need the services of a large wrecker and was told that the policy only provides for two hours of service. The two hours was sufficient, but begs the question of what coverage do I have if I need a "low boy" tow for a great distance.

A friend of mine has had good service with a Good Sam Road Protection Policy. I would appreciate advise on which company is the best and provides the most coverage. I expect to pay more than for my present poor policy.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Good Sams towed my coach from the middle of nowhere to Holbrook Arizona in the middle of the night, put in RV park.. no extra charges.. They also setup for the tire truck the next am....

Jimmy

We have Coach Net Platinum and have used them 3 times . Once hauled 185 miles and another 212 and there was never a charge of any kind. We bought a 3 year policy for $299. We did use Good Sam prior and did not like all the limitations....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Chester, I have Good Sam Platinum roadside assistance and cross my fingers I have never had to use them. But my brother-in-law has and does not care for the service he has received. They have been extremely slow and the repairmen they send out has not been very knowledgeable. Wish I could be more help. Has anyone used FMCA roadside assistance?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

i use coachnet and have used it for the coach and my cars. no issues at all

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Coach-Net only covers two hours total time, including travel, for a wench assist. They told me that this was for all of their plans. I need to do more research.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Two hours with a wench would be enough for me.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Settle down Richard!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Neither rain nor snow nor hurricane nor flooding nor Rhonda beating him with a stick will keep Richard from getting under his coach to get it going again.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Richard, the two hours includes travel time for the wrecker. Unfortunately, some of us are too old to do some things ourselves. Wish I could. At a minimum, I will upgrade from the Gold plan.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey