You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

scs thermostat manual

Chester,

I agree with you. If one is going to ask Newell for help on a product it is the right thing to do to purchase from them. I think the laws of supply are at work here. Thermostats in general are much less expensive, but this rather specialized 12vdc model is simply not. Thanks for posting and giving everyone an option for a non-delay T/S. It might even solve Tom's display dilemma.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

This is another example of how important it is for your coach manufacturer to still be in business. If Newell were to go bankrupt "Who you gonna call?" Ghost Busters!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

i called the company who bought the assets of SCS. they said what you all know already that there is no parts left. including no thermostats.

we talked a bit more and she did say she had a file with the operating manual for the thermostat. she said it was an AP7850 made for scs by icm manufacturing. she is going to scan it and email it to me and hopefully i will get it on monday. will see if there is any other tricks to using it.

she did say there was 2-3 different versions of the thermostat with slightly different features. and that the AP7850 was the last one they made.

she was very familiar that it was used in newells, as they must get calls once in a while about it.

once i get the copy of the manual i will post it.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

as for the new thermostat that was had from newell, it is not listed as one of the current thermostats at the mfg web site. they have similar ones but not that model. do you think it is made just for newell?

tom

ok, darlene and i were out in the coach for a few hours this afternoon trying to draw out our new headboard and finalize the dimensions on the nightstands.

i ran the air conditioners to keep it nice in there while we were there. when we were done i decided to play with the thermostats some more to see if i could figure out how to get them to display the room temp instead of the setpoint temp.

russ, you will be proud of me. i figured it out.

if i hold down the fan button at the same time as holding the blue down temp button for about 5 seconds then let go, it flips into another display mode that flashes between setpoint temp and actual room temp. it keeps switching between the two about every 5 seconds or so.

i am very happy i found out how to do that.

likewise, to change to celcius just hold down the red and blue buttons at the same time and then let go. same to switch back. i know russ found that one when he was here before.

hopefully when i get the manual next week there might be more surprises on what else can be done.

later

tom

I was so afraid I could not get it back to fahrenheit after I stumbled onto celcius. Didn't want to get fired before I could do something useful and possibly lose my custom made Newell nametag :-)

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

russ, you will always be my role model when it comes to this stuff. you are really good at this stuff. thanks for all your help

tom

When it comes to electrical and AC issues, Russ is the Man!

My SCS AC basement units worked great all summer with no problems! Thanks to Russ suggesting re-doing the circuit boards with heavier gauge wire and rubber connections.

It's no fun when the AC units quit working!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Gang,

This might be a little off topic, but I have an SCS Digital Sentry thermostat that I would be glad to give someone. It came from my 2003 vintage and as far as I know it still works. First one to holla gets it!

Cheers,
bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I will take it if it is still avail.

Tom