You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

FYI, I just found out the factory will not do any work on this coach. Just wanted everyone to know

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Yep!!! They disavow them like a bad apple....

Jimmy

No one is sure that's part of the problem. Bid is upto 187

Marc Newman

Perhaps once its fixed and has a clean bill of health again they might take it back in for services etc.? it is still a newell. They probably dont want to deal with the possibility of it being a can of worms at this point.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

so the real question is if the high bid is one of our gang here?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

If it was saltwater, then all the lower square tube steel will have had water in it and is rusting inside. How long it takes.. Who knows..

In steel tube type aircraft we drilled a hole and flushed with Lyon oil or some other cross ion protectant.

Then you have the wiring, accessories and so on...

Be a long term job with unknown results..

Jimmy

Marc

It's a little early for you to be looking. You need 9 years 11 months!

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Lol I was serious about it even went and inspected. But when Newell won't touch it, I was out, I don't think they will ever touch it. That was the impression I got.

Marc Newman

Newell can't touch it. If they did, they would lose all credibility with the insurance adjustors. After all, Newell is the "only" place that could put a cost of restoring it. And the cost of restoring it led to the coach being totaled. The insurance company coughed up a lot of chi ching. Newell can't very well say, Nah, we didn't really mean it.

Plus, one would reasonably expect that if you paid Newell to work on it that they would stand behind the work. That would be insane on their part because no one knows what will happen because of the flood damage.

It will be interesting to see what it really sells for.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard that makes sense that Newell would refuse to dirty their hands with it as is but if the coach was restored by another party and was fully inspected, do you think Newell would still refuse to work on it? I dont see why they would.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd