You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

if i was newell, i would not work on it or have anything to do with it. the liability and credibility risks are way higher than making a few bucks on service.

richard said it perfectly

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Current bid is. 257

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

hope it works out for them.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I always found (the hard way) that them Dogs I bought at a auction, never turned into the Cream-puff I thought it would...

Jimmy

Do you realize how many salvage vehicles are out there on the road today? Mucho. Most states require a state police inspection before a salvage title vehicle can be registered. Some states assign points to where the damage is and to what and erase the salvage stigma entirely if fixed correctly. Why would Newell not work on a Newell? Porsche, Ferrari, they all work on their damaged products, as does any other make. I don't see where this coach is hurt that bad, especially if you are mechanically or electrically inclined.
I bought a 2000 38' single slide Holiday Rambler Endeavor in Nov 2004 from Coparts auction in Baton Rouge. The coach had belonged to a drag racer and was parked in his front yard. He looked outside one day and smoke was coming out one side. Fire trucks came and sprayed down the interior. The value was $130k and the adjuster said it had $110k damage. It ran and drove and had 26k miles on it and he had just put brand new Michelins all around. I drove it before they came to haul it away and it was just cosmetics plus the 4 door Norcold was cooked. I fixed it for $6k, including adding laminate floors, a new $2.7k Norcold from PPL, and I added an inverter. The Norcold had been issued a recall for the back of it overheating and causing fires. This one got hot and smoked the living room ceiling up, busted the glass in the double pane window by the dinette and the etched mirror on the wall. I replaced 4 4x 8 ceiling panels and 3 4 x 8 wall panels, and the mirror all from Holiday Rambler. I built a new cabinet for the fridge and pulled the nasty carpet out and replaced the floor. The plastic vent on the roof for the fridge melted so I replaced it. I got in a bidding war with someone online from Europe but won at $50k. I drove it 3 years and got $63k ( with full disclosure of the title and damage) and those people still have it six years and 110k miles later. I had no smoke odor. If you didn't know what had happened to it you wouldn't have found anything wrong.
I can't see why Newell wouldn't support this coach. I don't want a salvage title and $300k plus any repairs in a coach but I wouldn't be afraid of it.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458