You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Repower?

Definitely some interest if there is a major failure, my coach has the 903; 320hp, I think the torque is around 850, it's hard to find much info.

What are the best engine candidates for a re-power?
The 8.3 Cummins is about all I see in a midsize with 300+ hp, the IH DT's are plentiful but seem a little small, although probably capable of similar power in the same rpm range as my 903.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

Scott, ypur 903 is basically the same engine as the vt555 just different internals, the 8.3 fits in there better, I used a 96 thomas transit bus for the 77 donor, the 76 was a burnt 98 bluebird bmc coach.
It was a tad wintery when I picked up the Thomas! ! Ugg!
Not looking forward to that!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

wow, that is more than a tad, and yes that bmc was really burnt...what did you do with the rest of the buses?

tom

Kind of reminds me of Pine Point, NWT Kieth!

The thomas is still being used for parts and will just be for storage, its in the back of my property out of sight in the bush. The bmc was parted out in Missouri I bought the engine transmission rad, cac etc. The rest was hauled away.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

The interest level just went up, a nice surprise when draining the oil last night, I think the cam is eating itself.Confused

Keith I sent you a PM.

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"