You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

discussion on radiators/CAC mounting ideas for series 60

(02-17-2015, 06:43 AM)wjshed Wrote:  I'm currently shopping for a 1995/96.  I'm starting to question this because of the radiator/cac issue.  Are these failures inevitable?  It seems like this almost needs to be considered a regular maintenance item.  I'd hate to pass on such a well built machine because of this one issue.

I've heard stories of failures on pretty most all brands.  It should be considered a maintenance item. It seems to be related to how it's used like off road or lots of flexing of the coach  something gonna give a some point I wouldn't worry about it, just be aware of it.  

Jimmy

(02-17-2015, 07:09 AM)Yachts Wrote:  is I have had 4 newells from 96-to 2004 models. I had one coach of the four that had an CAC issue of the four. But like all mechanical things. At some point it will break.

I have had 3 Newell's, 89 no problems, 96 (Marc also own) I installed new RAD & CAC and no problems after that. On my 04 had trouble with the  CAC so I went ahead and change CAC & RAD at the same time because the labor was about the same. This being said a lot of coaches out their that haven't had any problems and may never. 

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Anyone have a guestimate on what percentage on coach will have this issue?

1995 #398 45' SOLD

Actually call Newell service and ask them.. They will tell you.Smile. Even if the chance was 10% if you got one that needed it done its 100% for that owner.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701