You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Schedule to replace filters

When I return to Arizona in September, my Detroit 60 should have almost 15,000 since last full service and 200 hours on the generator. When last serviced, synthetic oil and all filters were changed as well as new synthetic transmission fluid and filters. Air and fuel filters are on an as needed basis, but I am wondering if the hydraulic and air dryer filters need to be changed on the same schedule as the oil and coolant filters. I will service the AquaHot and generator myself when I get home. Also, have I missed a filter?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Not sure if you have missed any filters but I do know that Prevo re amended the air dryer every 2 years mileage was not revelaant. This was on their MH service schedule. The last thing you want is water in your air system!

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

I have a maintenance list from Newell in 2007. At that time the filters they listed were:
As Needed:
Air filters on air conditioners

6 Months or 15K miles:
Engine oil filters
Fuel filters

500 Hours/1 year (100 hours if non-synthetic):
Generator oil filter

12 Months:
Aqua-Hot fuel filters
Nalcool engine filter
Change air dryer filter
Water filter cartridges (Everpure, Amana)
Power steering reservoir filter
Replace PuraGuard fitler for EGR vlave (#688 and after)

25K Miles:
Engine Air Filter

Every 2 years:
Air dryer filters on 110 V and main air engine

Every 3 years:
Allison Gold filter @ 75K miles or 3 years

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

There is a current list of filters from Newell and somewhere on this site. Didn't Steve B provide us with this list last year ?? The new list is very different than Michaels 07 list. I replaced the Hydraulic filter with all the others once a year. It's only like $8 and the Dryer behind the Tag too.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Here ya go Steve Post http://newellgurus.com/Thread-Series-60-...ght=Filter

Jimmy

I had previously copied Steve's listing of filters which has been very helpful. Now I have copied Michael's schedule for guidance. I think I will change the hydraulic and air dryer filters at 30,000 miles. I had forgotten to list the fresh water filters, but I will change them yearly.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica