You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Friend

No Newell sightings today but I met an interesting man who has spent the last several years delivering Newell Coaches and driving for several interesting people. His name is Al Misel, nice guy.

He was telling us stories of new deliveries and how much fun the rallies are. He highly suggested we try to go. I think next year may be our chance.

We also took the 09 Camaro and the 74 Newell to the car show. The Newell took first place in the "Special Interest" and we took second in the"High Performance Street Machine" class with the Camaro.

Stay Safe All,
Roy...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

Congrats Roy!! Your 74' is always 1st place in my book!

Jimmy

Once we parked and opened the door the people never stopped coming in. They even announced over the PA that we were giving tours. You get all the credit for the repairs, I show your repair pictures and everyone is amazed. Trust me, I give you all the credit. I can handle the mechanical but I'm not as good at the finish work.

I did replace the starter the other day, put in a new air valve body for the brake pedal and found the air leak in the fuel system. the gasket in the pump is getting old, Im checking with Cat to find a rebuild kit for the fuel pump. No luck on the kit yet. We're getting everything in ship shape so were ready to travel.

Might head to Colorado yet this fall. My uncle lives right next to Estes Park, planning on a visit.

Roy...

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

I met a man from New England with a 85 today he has had for 15 years bought it from the factory back then. I will post a pic of his coach tomorrow.

The car show sounds like you had a blast. Congrats to you.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Great Job Roy..

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Thats really awsome Roy!! Fun stuff for sure, good job Jimmy!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

congrats Roy. It sure is heartwarming to invite people into the coach and have it trigger all sorts of positive memories; it literally is a trip down memory lane for many people even though they never owned a Newell or probably even a motorhome. There is just something magic that happens for people when they enter a really classic Newell.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Roy, that is a cool story. We often experience the same phenomena whenever we arrive in RV parks, or even in Walmarts for the night. Everyone wants to see the interior. Whenever I am getting ready to leave a park, or even a Walmart I need to budget at least 30 minutes to an hour for random conversations with folks passing by the coach. These Classic Newells really stand out as there is nothing like them in 99% of the parks we stop at.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com