You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Prayers Needed for Ron Skeen

Thanks for the update and for stopping by to see Ron.

That same hardheadedness probably helped bring Ron through this.

Ron, we are keeping you in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Are we surprised?
Having seen what Ron has in his garage (photos, gear, trophies, go fast stuff) and getting to know him both through the forum and taking the reins of #422...yup that is Ron!
He is one tough Hombre and an expert Kart/Cycle pilot...
Best Wishes for a speedy recover!
Guru's...what a family!

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

Also, spoke to Evel Knievel, I am amazed at his spirits. Yes he did say that he may be able to drive in a couple of weeks....Dr. said it may be difficult to turn his head, side to side. His response was "I'll just use my mirrors more" !!

All I can say is "This is God's Will"
Again he said thanks to all.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

I just wanted to update...Talked with Ron a bit ago. He is doing better, sore and hurting some, but thankful he is not paralyzed. Dr had just been in and he is hoping to start PT Thursday or Friday. Seems to be in really good spirit considered everything he has been through!

Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

I just spoke with Jean. Apparently he got up for the first time today, and was somewhat shocked. Jean said it's gonna be a long road ahead. We had asked her to have dinner with us, but she declined. Apparently something is wrong with their air conditioner but they are with some friends and are headed out to fix it. Yep, pretty neat group here. Susie

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

i just got off the phone with ron. he was his chipper self. that said, he said to tell you he is doing fine, but he is going to have a challenging rehab.

he expressed his thanks for being blessed with so many friends that are concerned and willing to do anything for him.

he is not able to type much if at all, but he is reading things. he is not sure how long he will be in the hospital as he is not able to do much right now.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks for the update! Ron...you are an inspiration to us and we are ready for you to get up and about!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

new way to say Bad Ass ...... and spelled .... RON!!!
God Bless and a speedy recovery.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Sounds like Ron is definitely built to "oilfield standards"! Wishing a speedy & full recovery/rehab to our friend.

I will never challenge Ron to another race, as he has already WON big time....Good for you Ron,,,now don't push it too much too soon....yeah right...

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border