You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Zip Dee Patio Awning Help Needed

hi clarke. it doesnt look like one side is on the inner frame line where the rivets are? is that right?
tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(10-05-2012, 11:49 AM)encantotom Wrote:  hi clarke. it doesnt look like one side is on the inner frame line where the rivets are? is that right?
tom

You're right...the rear is about 3" to the right of the rivet line....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I always knew that you may be "out of line"

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(10-05-2012, 02:23 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  I always knew that you may be "out of line"

I'm waaaay out of line most of the time......Steve, how about yours.....are both of your mounts smack dab on the rivet line?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I'll have to look next time I'm there. I am flying to Baltimore next week so this will have to wait. CE Credits and hopefully a good time.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I went to the garage the other night and was able to install both arms to the RV. So when it is finally don having the engine rebuilt then we can drive it to my place install the awning rail and then hang the awning. Seems so easy to this point it makes me feel nervous that I have had to missed something. It all looks good compared to the directions and pics of others. I talked to a guy at Zip Dee and he agreed that I could put the arms on first rather than the rail. I thought this might be best since i know where i had to mount the arms and the rail had to be a certain distance above that. Like a said it all looks good so far. I will take some pics next time and post.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

now you need to drive down to arizona and visit us as the maiden voyage...

kids and all.

tom

I think it will go straight to winter storage unfortunately. Winter is coming fast to the North country. Love to make it down there though sometime Tom.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

winter is here now, but that just means not running the air conditioning as much.

ha

tom