You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Can we have "likes"?

The thread about Ron's accident and recovery made me think that a "like" button would be a nice feature. Many times there are posts that I think are positive or noteworthy or otherwise memorable. I normally just make a comment, but it might be neater to just like good posts. I would want to put about a million likes on Ron's pic from his hospital bed.

Tom & Scott,
Does our bulletin board software have an option to turn on "likes" for posts? Is this a good idea?

cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I second the motion....

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

howdy gang. i totally agree with showing our appreciation and support for people, ideas, information on the forum. however, i happen to believe that can be best shown by words and not clicking a tab. on facebook i dont think the like button is very personal.

i spent my entire career being graded on how much i was "liked". if my boss liked me, if my coworkers liked me, if my boss liked by work, and on and on. for the same reason i dont have any clocks in my house now other than the microwave and grandfather clock, i do not want to be graded on what i write or how i say it. and the same for the rest of you.

we had thread ratings enabled for a long time and no one used them so they are disabled now.

you can still like pictures in the gallery though hardly anyone uses it either.

so i respectfully appreciate the suggestion and i hope you understand my position.

and i also want to say that the outpouring of support for people when it is needed whether it is personal or technical is just plain amazing on this forum and is what makes this a great place to spend our precious time. the words of support, encouragement, friendship and treating each other like extended family is nothing short of incredible. i dont believe that can be as strong when we just click a tab.

i know my answer probably surprises you since we have not turned down a single request yet, but i feel strongly about this one.

thanks for your friendship and support

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I "Like" what Tom said ! It would be nice to have a Skype Tab to click on so we can see one another and more importantly anything we want to share.....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I agree Tom! PS I "like" what you said.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Tom, I can't believe you only have 2 clocks in your house. I have over 150 antique clocks in my house. Been collecting clocks since 1960. Of course I am very TIME conscious. My wife has at least 20 small clocks in the Newell. She also loves them.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Good to hear that you two have a lot of time ...

We have one clock in the coach and Hedy wears a watch. I don't usually carry my phone , so I am clueless unless there is Sun in the sky and then I am correct within an hour or two ....HAH

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I just pulled the chain on our Grandfather Clock tonight, 30 + years old and still keeps good time! and hey we have a 30's vintage Seth Thomas Helmsman Series Ships Striking clock on the Newell (only thing that I took off SPARTAN) and it keeps amazing time as well!
I bet that they could not build time pieces like these today.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Uh, what's a clock?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

only one week, don't need a clock for that