You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I know they are getting long in the tooth, and parts availability isn't what it once was - but after firing the coach up for a bit last eve - I sure love the sound of that Detroit....

Big Grin

marc

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135

Yep...

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

You're preaching to the choir Marc! Parts availability seems to be fairly good, just not through DD. Experienced 2 stroke mechanics can be a little hard to find though. Areas that are "oilfield" heavy are best bets for mechanics, as they have used a LOT of 2 strokes for motive power over the years and there are still a bunch of them in service.

Love that 2 stroke Detroit sound. It is used in a lot of TV shows and movies for the sound of a bus or truck regardless of whether the bus or truck on the screen was ever equipped with a 2 stroke Detroit Diesel or not. They just have such a sweet sound, especially compared to the mechanical racket emitted by some popular 4 strokes.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

i used to love going in an underpass. i would put the jake on and then honk the air horn.

nothing better

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

when I bought my previous coach, coming back west from Fla, I had to go in the tunnel at Mobile. 8v92, and a jake brake- brought out the teenager in me~

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge