You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sorry Wanderlodge! Hello Newell !!!!

There are a number of experts with 1984 Newell's here on the forum.

Hope it works bout for you

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tony I have an 84 that has just about been completely redone now. I knew nothing about these coaches but was not afraid of work and trying to learn. You have any questions at all just post them or reach out to someone and you will get the help and advice you need. These are all very quality people who care a great deal for RV's in general who live to help.

The classics draw a great deal of attention. On the road I can rarely make a stop without someone wanting to look closer or ask questions of I get waived at and thumbs up from drivers all the time. I told my wife last weekend as we were peppered by such people that classic Newells just make people smile for some reason. You will have a blast.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I was wowed by your coach also Todd, is is one nice rig!! Inside and out.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Todd,
I have the same experience, calls on the cb from truckers, kids on the side of the road motioning for a blast of the horns, or conversations in the campground; love it.Cool

Scott

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

(09-30-2014, 04:28 AM)Helms Wrote:  There was a Newell for sale in our price range 30 miles from our home. 2 years newer 1984 model#37 with 50,000 less miles in near mint condition. We are meeting on Wednesday to work out logistics of the sale. Sweet!

As you have done before, take your time and look it over closely. Flip every switch, question everything.

1996 - 411 42'

(01-02-2015, 07:37 PM)brian Wrote:  
(09-30-2014, 04:28 AM)Helms Wrote:  There was a Newell for sale in our price range 30 miles from our home. 2 years newer 1984 model#37 with 50,000 less miles in near mint condition. We are meeting on Wednesday to work out logistics of the sale. Sweet!

As you have done before, take your time and look it over closely. Flip every switch, question everything.

Such good advice.  We were burned by a P.O. (previous owner) when we bought our '06 Allegro Bus because we didn't ask the right questions and get honest answers to the questions we did ask.  Newell is a different story altogether and we love ours, thought about selling or trading up but for now, just enjoying it every day.  Bought it from the factory with two year warranty although it's ten years old!  Runs like a charm, rides on a cloud, (except for occasional bad roads) and maintenance is minimal.  Welcome to a great group of people who are most helpful and available, including the 24/7 hotline at the factory. 

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com