You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blower Motor

yuk double yuk

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is frustrating Clint.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Have a new fan coming from Newell. Chuck needed to know if it was 7 blade fan. I had S&S guy count fan blades, he called back & said "it has 6 1/2 blades". Even got a chuckle out of me. One of my customers said " I am a big "fan" of yours". Comedians everywhere!

Your just "fan"ning the flames for us jokers, but great to hear your sense of humor is still in tact with all you and Fran have been through the past year or so. Best of luck with the fan fix

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Got coach back from S&S yesterday. I am happy to report that they treated me VERY well. Based on recent experience, S&S in El Paso & Albuquerque are back on my "recommend" list. Dayton blower motor still feels a bit warm to me. Has anyone had a chace to shoot one with an IR gun yet?

We were coming back from Port Aransas and I noticed that while stopping at a rest stop, with the gen running and A/C's on, I heard the fan blower motor come on. (the belt squeals a little when starting) which means it stopped while we were taking the dogs for a walk. When we started out the Gen temperature was around 200 and doped back to 180 which is normal while traveling. The outdoor temperature was 97 and 107 with the heat index. My questions is does the fan motor have a high temp cutoff? It happened again when I got home and was sitting still i heard it go off. I went inside and checked to make sure the generator had an output and both legs were 120v. I think if the generator has no output it will shut down the generator? Any inputs as to what may be happening?

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490

(07-15-2016, 08:39 AM)Fasteddie Wrote:  We were coming back from Port Aransas and I noticed that while stopping at a rest stop, with the gen running and A/C's on, I heard the fan blower motor come on. (the belt squeals a little when starting) which means it stopped while we were taking the dogs for a walk. When we started out the Gen temperature was around 200 and doped back to 180 which is normal while traveling. The outdoor temperature was 97 and 107 with the heat index. My questions is does the fan motor have a high temp cutoff? It happened again when I got home and was sitting still i heard it go off. I went inside and checked to make sure the generator had an output and both legs were 120v. I think if the generator has no output it will shut down the generator? Any inputs as to what may be happening?

I think I answered my question, went and looked at the motor a DAYTON 6K810BA and saw on the label 'THERMALY PROTECTED' so I am guessing it did what it is designed to do. Has anyone had the same problem?

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490

Ed, You may be overloading the motor. I would take the belt off and be sure the fan spins freely.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I have a different issue. With all a/c's running and the coach parked, the temperature ranges from "lo" to 180. However, when running down the highway, the temp rises to over 210 and the gauge starts to blinking. If I pull over, it returns to normal. ????

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(07-15-2016, 02:05 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Ed, You may be overloading the motor. I would take the belt off and be sure the fan spins freely.

Thanks for the input. I have spun the squirrel cage with the belt on and it does spin freely. I have replaced the bushings and shaft 2 years ago and keep oiling the bushings so I think they are ok. This is the first time I have driven it in outdoor temp in the 97+ degrees, and it ran for 8 hours after I heard it start at the rest area and then stopped again when we got home and was disconnecting the toe car.

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490