You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blower Motor

Chester,

I would suspect a wiring connection or unintentional grounding with the signal wire to the temp gauge.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, I'll check these.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Electric motors can run hot.  Even too hot to touch and they will be fine, provided they have the correct insulation class.
Mine has class A insulation.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/nema-i...d_734.html

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

(07-16-2016, 05:13 AM)Fasteddie Wrote:  
(07-15-2016, 02:05 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Ed, You may be overloading the motor. I would take the belt off and be sure the fan spins freely.

Thanks for the input. I have spun the squirrel cage with the belt on and it does spin freely. I have replaced the bushings and shaft 2 years ago and keep oiling the bushings so I think they are ok. This is the first time I have driven it in outdoor temp in the 97+ degrees, and it ran for 8 hours after I heard it start at the rest area and then stopped again when we got home and was disconnecting the toe car.

I have checked and the thermal protection is 40C or 104 F. I am sure that the temp with the fan running and ambient temp of 97 F  and setting parked with very little air flow that it would the thermal protection shutting the blower motor off. Will keep and eye on it.

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490

(07-15-2016, 04:10 PM)Chester Stone Wrote:  I have a different issue.  With all a/c's running and the coach parked, the temperature ranges from "lo" to 180.  However, when running down the highway, the temp rises to over 210 and the gauge starts to blinking.  If I pull over, it returns to normal. ????
Chester i had the same problem, it was a grounding issue on  the gauge

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Thanks Ashley, I will check that.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Chester,
Did you see if yours was a ground issue or something else?
Is your air chute in perfect condition?
I've got the exact symptoms you describe.

Jonathan Shetler
1999 Newell 510
Ft Lauderdale, FL

my digital gauge was all over the place. i ended up running a new wire from the junction box in the blower motor bay to the gauge. (forest and i did it while at steve magowns place last summer). it flashes low when there is no signal to it. you can set an alarm temp where it will blink as well.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

It has functioned normally since I last posted. If it does it again, this is a winter project when it is cooler.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey